CHRISTIAN COUNTY, Ky. (AP) – Kentucky State Police are seeking the public’s help in finding an inmate who escaped while on work release.
A police news release says they received a call Friday night from the Christian County Detention Center saying that 38-year-old Wayne Eldridge Weeks escaped from his work release assignment release at the Senior Citizens Center in Hopkinsville.
The 6-foot-tall, 260-pound white man was last seen wearing a turquoise short sleeve t-shirt, a dark blue lightweight jacket and jeans. He was in prison on charges of receiving stolen property under $10,000, first-degree bail jumping and first-degree possession of a controlled substance.
- OLBH closure announcement affects local businesses
- Update: Two people sent to the hospital in shooting in Guyandotte
- Charleston’s annual Carnaval is just around the corner
- Special grand jury indicts Jackson County, WV man in death of infant daughter
- ‘Shoe Fairy’ receives surprise from anonymous donor
- Kanawha Valley Collective hopes to collect 200 blankets
- Former delegate Riley Moore to run for West Virginia State Treasurer
- New bill could change cursive curriculum in elementary schools
- WV House of Delegates approves controversial fire code changes
- Chicago woman is 2nd US patient with new virus from China