CHRISTIAN COUNTY, Ky. (AP) – Kentucky State Police are seeking the public’s help in finding an inmate who escaped while on work release.
A police news release says they received a call Friday night from the Christian County Detention Center saying that 38-year-old Wayne Eldridge Weeks escaped from his work release assignment release at the Senior Citizens Center in Hopkinsville.
The 6-foot-tall, 260-pound white man was last seen wearing a turquoise short sleeve t-shirt, a dark blue lightweight jacket and jeans. He was in prison on charges of receiving stolen property under $10,000, first-degree bail jumping and first-degree possession of a controlled substance.
- CDC changes number of days someone has to quarantine if infected with COVID-19
- Governor says West Virginia schools are prepared to reopen
- Ready to have the time of your life? Jennifer Grey returning for ‘Dirty Dancing’ sequel
- Kentucky Education Association: “Public schools should not open to in-person instruction”
- COVID-19 exposure closes local county court
- Trolls doll pulled after complaints it promotes child abuse
- Study shows second wave of layoffs underway
- Kentucky State Police raise $16,000 for Special Olympics
- Gov. DeWine explains his contradicting COVID-19 test results
- Crash closes roadway in Kanawha County, telephone poles down