CONWAY, Ky. (AP) – A Kentucky woman is charged with murder in what authorities think was a fatal mauling of a man by a pit bull.
Kentucky State Police said Friday they charged Melissa D. Wolke, 38, of Mount Vernon in the death of Donald W. Abner, 55, of Richmond. Rockcastle County Coroner Marvin Owens says he went to a Conway home Friday for a reported fatal dog attack.
Police say they encountered a very aggressive dog near Abner, who had dog bites on his face and head. A trooper fatally shot the dog, which belonged to a woman visiting the home. Autopsies are being performed.
- Governor says West Virginia schools are prepared to reopen
- Ready to have the time of your life? Jennifer Grey returning for ‘Dirty Dancing’ sequel
- Kentucky Education Association: “Public schools should not open to in-person instruction”
- COVID-19 exposure closes local county court
- Trolls doll pulled after complaints it promotes child abuse
- Study shows second wave of layoffs underway
- Kentucky State Police raise $16,000 for Special Olympics
- Gov. DeWine explains his contradicting COVID-19 test results
- Crash closes roadway in Kanawha County, telephone poles down
- Coronavirus in Ohio Friday update: 1,204 new cases, 34 additional deaths reported