CONWAY, Ky. (AP) – A Kentucky woman is charged with murder in what authorities think was a fatal mauling of a man by a pit bull.
Kentucky State Police said Friday they charged Melissa D. Wolke, 38, of Mount Vernon in the death of Donald W. Abner, 55, of Richmond. Rockcastle County Coroner Marvin Owens says he went to a Conway home Friday for a reported fatal dog attack.
Police say they encountered a very aggressive dog near Abner, who had dog bites on his face and head. A trooper fatally shot the dog, which belonged to a woman visiting the home. Autopsies are being performed.
- OLBH closure announcement affects local businesses
- Update: Two people sent to the hospital in shooting in Guyandotte
- Charleston’s annual Carnaval is just around the corner
- Special grand jury indicts Jackson County, WV man in death of infant daughter
- ‘Shoe Fairy’ receives surprise from anonymous donor
- Kanawha Valley Collective hopes to collect 200 blankets
- Former delegate Riley Moore to run for West Virginia State Treasurer
- New bill could change cursive curriculum in elementary schools
- WV House of Delegates approves controversial fire code changes
- Chicago woman is 2nd US patient with new virus from China