GEORGETOWN, KY (AP) – The former boyfriend of a missing Kentucky woman has been indicted on murder and robbery charges.
News outlets report the indictment was handed down Tuesday by a Scott County grand jury. It charges 53-year-old Joseph Hicks with killing 32-year-old Sheena Baxter on Valentine’s Day.
Hicks was already in jail after being arrested last week on charges of filing a false police report and tampering with evidence.
Police say he reported being shot during an attempted robbery at a store in Georgetown on the day Baxter disappeared, but surveillance video showed he wasn’t there. Last week, police searched Hicks’ car after receiving a tip and found Baxter’s cellphone.
It wasn’t clear whether Hicks has an attorney.
- Covelli-owned Panera Bread restaurants to provide meals to Ohio kids in need
- Kanawha County Sheriff investigates fatal Sissonville crash
- COVID-19 “stay at home” violators could receive fines in the future
- “Team Charleston”: Inform and Inspire
- Coronavirus cases in West Virginia Friday, total jumps to 96
- First coronavirus case shows up in Lawrence County, KY
- 13 things to do this weekend! (March 27th – March 29th)
- Kanawha County courtrooms go virtual during pandemic
- Epilepsy Foundation West Virginia plans Virtual Walk
- COVID-19 creates unique challenges for people with Alzheimer’s