EWING, KY (WOWK) – One man has died and four people were injured after a three-vehicle crash in Fleming County, Kentucky.
The Kentucky State Police responded to the call Saturday, June 20, 2020, on Kentucky Highway 165. Police say according to the investigation, Melinda Thomas, 64, of Ewing, was traveling north on KY 165 when she stopped to make a left turn. Jordan Harding, 30, of Ewing was also traveling north on KY HWY 165 and allegedly went into the southbound lane attempting to avoid striking Thomas’s vehicle.
Harding allegedly struck a third vehicle driven by Robert Garrison, 64, of Louisville, and then struck Thomas’s vehicle.
Garrison was pronounced dead at the scene by the Fleming County Coroner. Two passengers in the vehicle with Harding were transported to an area hospital by the Fleming County EMS while a third passenger and a passenger in Garrison’s vehicle were airlifted to University of Kentucky Hospital.
The Fleming County Sheriff’s Department, Flemingsburg Police Department, Flemingsburg Fire Department, Ewing Fire Department, Fleming County EMS and the Fleming County Coroner assisted the Kentucky State Police in the investigation.
This collision remains under investigation.
- Once Isaias moves out, our weather will warm up again
- Fayette County woman battles end-stage liver disease, looking for donors
- Kanawha County school re-entry plan approved
- Interactive Roster Breakdown: Tight ends
- ‘Serious threat to livestock’ found in Gallia County
- Increase in KY COVID-19 cases begins to slow
- Wheeling man faces federal time for child porn
- Warning: Scammer pretending to be actual police officer
- See suspicious activity? WV now has a toll-free drug tip line
- Pres. Trump wants broader role for telehealth services in Medicare