Sheriff: Student hospitalized after ‘vaping overdose’

Kentucky

OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) – Authorities in Kentucky say a student was hospitalized because of a possible vaping overdose. News outlets report a Daviess County High School resource officer told deputies that a female student was being taken to the hospital from a “vaping overdose.”

A press release from the county sheriff’s office says the student was treated and released from Owensboro Health Region Hospital. The release says the vaping substance the student was “consuming” is being sent to a Kentucky State Police lab for analysis.

The investigation is ongoing. The release says six additional students and possibly others may face various drug charges. County Public Information Officer Lora Wimsatt says the district is prohibited from sharing information about any medical or disciplinary issues regarding a student.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the FREE WOWK 13 News App

Washington DC Bureau

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Local Events