LAKE ST. LOUIS, Mo. (WJW, AP) — Two mothers and their 12-year-old daughters were tragically killed in a car crash while on their way to a volleyball tournament.
It happened Friday morning near Lake Saint Louis in Missouri.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the victims have been identified as Carrie McCaw, her daughter, Kacey McCaw, Lesley Prather, and her daughter Rhyan Prather. All four of the victims were from Louisville, Kentucky.
Troopers said a pickup truck hit their minivan head-on along with another car.
The driver of the pickup truck and those in the car were not seriously hurt.
The Louisville Fire Department wrote a tribute post about one of the victims, Lesley Prather, on social media. They said she joined the team as a firefighter in 2016.
“Please keep these families and all whose lives have been touched by these four beautiful souls in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time,” the department said in the post.
Assumption High School also paid tribute to the victims in a Facebook post. Carrie McCaw had graduated from the school in 1994.
“We send our deepest condolences, thoughts, and prayers to the McCaw and Prather families. #FaithGuides,” the school wrote.
- Cleveland Indians look into changing name amid pressure
- 8-year-old killed in shooting at Riverchase Galleria, 3 others injured
- Video: Starfish at Garden City beach touch arm tips, then one takes shape of banana peel
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Jimmie Johnson first NASCAR driver to test positive for COVID-19
- Route 60 Ramble aims to make West Virginian’s tourists in their backyards
- West Virginia man charged after allegedly shooting son
- Solar power conversion underway at iconic West Virginia business
- “State-of-the-art” fitness center awarded to Wurtland Middle School
- 13 News Now webcast, Friday, July 3: Live at 9 p.m. EST