LAKE ST. LOUIS, Mo. (WJW, AP) — Two mothers and their 12-year-old daughters were tragically killed in a car crash while on their way to a volleyball tournament.
It happened Friday morning near Lake Saint Louis in Missouri.
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the victims have been identified as Carrie McCaw, her daughter, Kacey McCaw, Lesley Prather, and her daughter Rhyan Prather. All four of the victims were from Louisville, Kentucky.
Troopers said a pickup truck hit their minivan head-on along with another car.
The driver of the pickup truck and those in the car were not seriously hurt.
The Louisville Fire Department wrote a tribute post about one of the victims, Lesley Prather, on social media. They said she joined the team as a firefighter in 2016.
“Please keep these families and all whose lives have been touched by these four beautiful souls in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time,” the department said in the post.
Assumption High School also paid tribute to the victims in a Facebook post. Carrie McCaw had graduated from the school in 1994.
“We send our deepest condolences, thoughts, and prayers to the McCaw and Prather families. #FaithGuides,” the school wrote.
- ‘The Maker’s Center’ innovates as it creates PPE for front-line heroes
- Severe Storms Possible Late Tuesday-Early Wednesday
- Australian court dismisses cardinal’s sex abuse convictions
- Researchers turn CPAP machines into ventilators
- Actor Matthew McConaughey plays virtual bingo with seniors in isolation
- Michigan deputies make deliveries to citizens who are unable to get needed items themselves
- ICYMI: April 6 tristate COVID-19 update
- ‘Let’s hurry up!’: W.Va. Senator calling governor to put unemployment claims first
- CDC tips about cloth face coverings
- Kitties take over the Georgia Aquarium