FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) – Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear is set to give his first State of the Commonwealth speech to lawmakers and a statewide television audience.
The speech in the House chambers will be broadcast on Kentucky Educational Television and live-streamed right here on wowktv.com.
House and Senate members will convene at 7 p.m. for the speech.
The Democratic governor will outline some of his top priorities to the Republican-dominated legislature. The event is the first of two major speeches the governor will deliver to lawmakers this month.
- New senate committee to fix and strengthen West Virginia’s foster care system
- Kentucky state police warn drivers to slow down in work zones
- House Bill 4078 would put a cap on co-pays for insulin in West Virginia
- A West Virginia group wants to rewrite history and pardon John Brown
- Economic discussions in the legislative session, plus a warm welcome to Charleston
- Charleston community members and state leaders march to remember MLK Jr.
- WV lawmakers try to lower prescription drug costs
- Possible pipe bomb materials found during Jackson County, West Virginia drug arrest
- Troubled Kentucky jail improves under new leadership
- Family Policy Council of West Virginia president files to run against Shelley Moore Capito