FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) – Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear is set to give his first State of the Commonwealth speech to lawmakers and a statewide television audience.
The speech in the House chambers will be broadcast on Kentucky Educational Television and live-streamed right here on wowktv.com.
House and Senate members will convene at 7 p.m. for the speech.
The Democratic governor will outline some of his top priorities to the Republican-dominated legislature. The event is the first of two major speeches the governor will deliver to lawmakers this month.
- Pro-choice advocates: Justice’s executive order stopping abortions politicizes pandemic
- Drive-by Easter Bunny visits keep tradition alive
- Governor adds additional counties to COVID-19 Executive Order
- Scioto County confirms first positive case of COVID-19
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: WVa allows beer, wine home deliveries during virus outbreak
- Paddleboarder arrested for flouting California’s stay at home order
- Battling addiction while stuck in ‘Stay At Home’ order
- Emergency room doctor sleeping in RV to keep his family healthy
- Middle schoolers paint mural with encouraging words
- British man runs marathon in backyard during lockdown