CABELL COUNTY, WV (WOWK) — Election Day is on Tuesday, June 9, 2020. However, there is still time to request an absentee ballot.
Wednesday, June 3, 2020, is the last day any registered voter in the Mountain State can submit an absentee application. So, while there is still time to make that request, time is quite literally running out.
There are a couple of ways you can request a ballot to make sure your voice is heard on Election Day.
You can request an absentee ballot at your local county clerk’s office, or you can download the request form online. However, if you go the online route, make sure you drop it off a the Cabell County Courthouse no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, June 3, 2020, or by end of business at your local Board of Elections office throughout the Mountain State.
Once you have your ballot, and you have cast your vote, be sure to mail back your ballot and make sure it is postmarked by June 9, 2020.
“We saw over 5,000 ballots that came in yesterday and I expect between now and election day we will continue to see those kinds of numbers. If we get those ballots in then we should see some good results on election night,” said Mac Warner, West Virginia Secretary of State.
Any registered voter can request an absentee ballot due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of Tuesday, June 3, 2020, more than 260,000 voters had requested an absentee ballot. Of those 260,000, more than half of them have already cast their ballots.
You do still have the option to vote in person, should you miss the deadline.
- Former Nitro Baseball star Levi Kelly on the verge of making big league debut with Diamondbacks
- Here’s the new location for the West Virginia Panhandle Series Tournament
- St. Albans Boys Basketball coaching staff opens up local ice cream shop
- Strong storms possible Sunday, heat returns next week
- St. Albans Police investigating after body found in Kanawha River
- Even during pandemic beekeeping remains an essential service
- One in four teachers at risk of serious illness if infected with COVID-19
- One death, 72 new cases of virus in Mountain State
- Here’s how to keep your pets cool and safe this summer
- ‘Herd That’ bounced from TBT after falling to Overseas Elite 93-76