CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – It was a sea of black and gold today at the West Virginia State Capitol Building. That’s because it was “West Virginia State University State University Day” at the legislature.
Faculty, staff and students were on hand to show off their “Yellow Jacket” Pride. The school is launching new nursing and engineering programs, and now has seven degree programs available online.
“Even though we have many institutions of higher learning, there is a need for online learning, not only in this state but nationally. And so we are preparing courses that are needed for the future,” said Charles Byers, Ph.D., WVSU Interim Provost.
West Virginia State University serves nearly 4,000 graduate and undergraduate students at its campus in Institute.
- Gov. Beshear issues order for Kentuckians to avoid out of state travel; 480 cases, 2 new deaths
- Mountain State up to 145 confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus in Kentucky: update from Gov. Beshear
- LIVE NOW: White House Coronavirus Task force Monday briefing
- Charleston waives penalties for business and occupation taxes
- KCHD announces new positive COVID-19 cases in Kanawha County
- Huntington Park & Recreation close facilities to help curb the spread of COVID-19
- Florida pastor arrested, charged after leading packed services despite ‘safer-at-home’ order
- Kroger announces more than 1,500 immediate job openings
- Alabama 5-year-old has ‘Trash truck party’ third year in a row