CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) - A Charleston mother has been arrested after her 6-year-old child was found in the street with no pants or underwear.
According to court documents, Jennifer Rose, 32, of Charleston, WV has been charged with Child Neglect Creating Risk of Injury.
Charleston Police say they were dispatched for a young child wandering in the street with no pants or underwear, and after 30 minutes of looking, they were able to locate, Rose, the child's mother.
Rose then allowed police to look inside her home.
Police say they found a bowl containing broken glass, an "excessive amount" of trash, a used diaper with feces and insects in it, feces and urine to the top of a toilet bowl, dishes overflowing the sink with insects flying around.
Police say none of the beds had frames and all had trash and garbage piled around the mattress.
Police also say there was a kitchen knife within reach of the 6-year-old's bed. The home also did not have running water.
Rose is being held at South Central Regional Jail on $1,500 cash only bond.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Active shooter reported at business in Madison suburb
- EU opens investigation into how Amazon uses data
- WV Mom Arrested after 5-Year-Old Found in Street
- Russia to study Israeli data related to downed plane