MINGO COUNTY, WV (WOWK) - A man has been arrested on a laundry list of charges after he allegedly kidnapped his wife in Mingo County.
According to troopers with the West Virginia State Police, William Swafford, 41, of Dingess, WV became involved in a domestic dispute with his girlfriend.
Police say during the incident, he brandished a weapon and fired multiple shot and then traveled to the Omar area of Logan County where officers say he became involved in a second domestic dispute before traveling to Williamson and kidnapping his wife.
He was located by officers and was arrested in the Dingess area.
Swafford is charged with kidnapping, prohibited person in possession of a firearm, domestic battery, domestic assault, wanton endangerment, and brandishing, and has been housed in the Southwestern Regional Jail.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- India warns of 'crushing response' to Kashmir suicide attack
- Quick Moving Storm Should Leave Snow In Southern Counties
- 'Everybody suffers too much:' Nigeria heads to the polls
- Payless ShoeSource to shutter all of its remaining US stores