STONE, Ky. (WOWK) — Kentucky State Police are investigating after one person died in a crash in Pike County. Just before 7 a.m. on Saturday, October 19, 2019, troopers received a 911 call of a two-vehicle crash with injuries at the mouth of Pond Creek.
Once troopers arrived, they determined Jeremy Gibson, 29, of Haysi, Virginia, was traveling north on US 119. Troopers say Gibson lost control of his vehicle and collided with another vehicle, which was stationary waiting to make a turn southbound.
Gibson was pronounced deceased at the scene by Deputy Coroner Mike Hall. The operator of the second vehicle was taken to a hospital for treatment and released. This investigation is being led and reconstructed by Detective Merlo.
- Parents arrested after 10-year-old tests positive for meth
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: 36,350 cases, 2,258 deaths reported
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Athletes join protest in Morgantown
- Amsted Rail invests in West Virginia company
- WV National Guard investigates ‘inflammatory comments’ regarding national protests
- Kentucky motorists encouraged to renew license through mail
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Man arrested on drug charge in Meigs County
- Photos: More violence shakes the US