STONE, Ky. (WOWK) — Kentucky State Police are investigating after one person died in a crash in Pike County. Just before 7 a.m. on Saturday, October 19, 2019, troopers received a 911 call of a two-vehicle crash with injuries at the mouth of Pond Creek.
Once troopers arrived, they determined Jeremy Gibson, 29, of Haysi, Virginia, was traveling north on US 119. Troopers say Gibson lost control of his vehicle and collided with another vehicle, which was stationary waiting to make a turn southbound.
Gibson was pronounced deceased at the scene by Deputy Coroner Mike Hall. The operator of the second vehicle was taken to a hospital for treatment and released. This investigation is being led and reconstructed by Detective Merlo.
- WATCH: Live on the Red Carpet from the 2019 CMA Awards
- West Virginia county opts out of federal opioid negotiation class
- Meet Narwhal, the puppy found with a tail growing out of his head
- LEGO convention set to come to Charleston in 2020
- West Virginia Governor asked to end sales of flavored vaping products
- Record cold temperatures hit area Wednesday morning
- Man dies from injuries after 50-car pileup in Ohio
- Firefighter dies day before Disney trip while saving baby from burning home
- West Virginia Deputies looking for suspects that stole an ATM
- Car thief drives off with sleeping toddler