HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – The Huntington Police Department is searching for a Huntington man who has been charged in connection with a shooting that happened on the 1700 block of Artisan Avenue of Huntington, West Virginia at around 1 p.m. on Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
Marquize Kumae Scott, aka “Q,” of Kanawha Terrace, has been charged with malicious wounding and wanton endangerment. Scott is approximately 6’1″ tall and weighs 130 pounds. Police say a man fired five or six rounds, striking another man at least once.
According to Huntington Police Chief Hank Dial, the victim, Jovan Carpenter, has ties to both Huntington and Detroit Chief Dial says Carpenter was taken to the hospital by his friends with a gunshot wound to the thigh after an argument broke out between a group of people.
Chief Dial says, “Anytime you have something in a neighborhood like this, it’s scary because bullets are being fired and it could be someone that’s not involved that could be hit. You don’t want anybody to get shot, but the victim was definitely involved in the conflict.”
Anyone with information of Scott’s whereabouts is encouraged to call 911.
- Joe Burrow Wins 2019 Heisman Trophy
- Fire breaks out at under-construction Texas Rangers park
- 5-year-old sells cookies & hot cocoa to raise money to pay off classmates’ negative lunch balances of her classmates
- Mountain Mission hands out holiday food baskets
- Mobile Food Pantry feeds hundreds of families in Berkeley County
- Liquid meth found inside transmission fluid, coolant containers
- Shooting inside Ohio home leaves 3 men dead
- One injured in Huntington stabbing
- Ohio criminal reform bill losses support after amendments
- Man accused of slapping Georgia news reporter on backside arrested