HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – The Huntington Police Department is searching for a Huntington man who has been charged in connection with a shooting that happened on the 1700 block of Artisan Avenue of Huntington, West Virginia at around 1 p.m. on Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
Marquize Kumae Scott, aka “Q,” of Kanawha Terrace, has been charged with malicious wounding and wanton endangerment. Scott is approximately 6’1″ tall and weighs 130 pounds. Police say a man fired five or six rounds, striking another man at least once.
According to Huntington Police Chief Hank Dial, the victim, Jovan Carpenter, has ties to both Huntington and Detroit Chief Dial says Carpenter was taken to the hospital by his friends with a gunshot wound to the thigh after an argument broke out between a group of people.
Chief Dial says, “Anytime you have something in a neighborhood like this, it’s scary because bullets are being fired and it could be someone that’s not involved that could be hit. You don’t want anybody to get shot, but the victim was definitely involved in the conflict.”
Anyone with information of Scott’s whereabouts is encouraged to call 911.
- Marshall is starting to get recognized for more than just athletics
- FRUTH AND VALLEY HEALTH PARTNER UP TO OFFER BETTER SERVICES IN MILTON
- Two houses catch fire in Huntington Sunday night
- Pedestrian struck in Smithers Sunday night
- Bishop: $1.2M from sale will go to help sex abuse victims
- GM offers new products for closed plants
- Three arrested after infants found in back seat of car with drugs
- Man shot and killed in vehicle, police search for shooter
- First responders prepare for the unexpected in exercise drill
- Young girl with down syndrome gets to see her picture in Time Square