CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – A 1-year-old child is now being treated for a possible heroin overdose.
Charleston Police were dispatched to the Knights Inn in Kanawha City, where the family was staying.
Officers say they do not believe there was negligence.
The child is stable and in good health, according to CPD.
**Below is the press release from CPD**
On June 20, 2020 at approximately 1907 hours Charleston Police Officers responded to the Knight’s Inn (6401 Maccorkle Ave) in reference to a possible overdose of an 18 month old child. When officers arrived they performed CPR and the child was transported to CAMC Women’s and Children by CFD paramedics. Currently this child’s condition is reported as stable and detectives are on scene conducting an investigation.
- See suspicious activity? WV now has a toll-free drug tip line
- Pres. Trump to hold Monday briefing
- Buckeye State’s COVID-19 cases edge toward 94K
- Beshear gives COVID-19 update as weekend data leans toward plateau
- Marshall County confirms first COVID-19 related death
- Logan County COVID-19 outbreak closes circuit, magistrate court
- Mingo County records 3rd COVID19 death
- Huntington firefighters test positive for COVID-19
- WATCH LIVE: Tropical Storm Isaias to become a hurricane before landfall in the Carolinas, hurricane warnings issued
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 105th birthday with drive-by salute