DUNBAR, W.Va. (WOWK) – Two of the eastbound lanes of I-64 at the 52 mile marker near the Dunbar exit are closed due to vehicle crashes impacting several lanes. West Virginia 511 says traffic is backed up for two to three miles in both directions.
Kanawha County Emergency Dispatch officials say the original accident happened in the eastbound lanes. The slow and middle eastbound lanes remain closed at this time. The fast lane has reopened. Officials say one person has been transported to a hospital. There is no word on the extent of their injuries.
A second crash then closed the westbound lanes of traffic. Emergency dispatch officials say all westbound lanes have cleared and are now reopened. They also say a third and minor accident has been reported in the backed-up traffic of the eastbound lanes. No injuries were reported from either of these accidents.
- Officials: Washington Street building must be demolished
- Greenup County basketball coaches suspended following investigation into athlete’s eligibility
- Utah K-9 killed in line of duty to be buried in one-of-a-kind casket
- WVU will be one of the first universities in the nation to offer a music and health degree
- It’s sweet and savory, but would you eat it? KFC’s Chicken & Donut Sandwich
- Man facing charges after ATV chase at Mingo Central High School
- WV prescription drug cost bill moves forward
- Pro-life advocates rally at Capitol following Born-Alive bill passing
- Magistrate fired after denying protection order to woman
- Woman charged with DUI in crash that fractured 2-year-old’s legs, records show