KENOVA, WV (WOWK) – A man’s body was recovered this morning from the Ohio River.
According to Lt. Anthony Thompson with the Kenova Police Department, the body was first seen parallel to the 13th Street train Tressel at approximately 9:20 a.m.
Officers recovered the man’s body at approximately 10:15.
Thompson said the body will be sent to Charleston for further identification. It appears the man to be in his 40s-50s in age and has no visible tattoos.
At this time, no foul play is suspected.
- KSP investigates fatal crash in Floyd County
- Minnesota AG to upgrade murder charge against officer in Floyd case; three other officers face charges
- Kanawha County polling place moved to new location for primary election
- WV State Police issue Silver Alert for missing man
- Coronavirus in Ohio Wednesday update: 36,792 cases, 2,299 deaths
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal moving inland over Mexico
- Obama to address Floyd protests for first time publicly in online town hall
- Stadium-sized asteroid heading to Earth this week
- Health centers in WV awarded federal grants
- Job posting: Free beer and $20K to hike 2,200-mile trail