MORGANTOWN, WV (WOWK) – Camp Kno-Koma, Diabetes Camp of West Virginia, says Camp Kno-Koma Summer Camp 2020 has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.
“This decision was not made lightly and comes with great sadness that we must cancel the summer camp for the year 2020,” the camp says. “We believe this is in the best interest for the health and safety of all our campers, volunteers, medical staff, counselors, auxiliary staff as well as the Greenbrier Youth Camp staff. This, along with application deadlines quickly approaching and the uncertainty of the timeline of the pandemic, led to this decision.”
The camp says all events for 2020 are postponed until further notice and it will work to reschedule as available and appropriate. The camp will be in touch with those who have already registered for the year 2020 with resolutions. Camp officials say they are continuing to operate as an organization and are working on securing a date for Summer Camp 2021.
Donations will continue to be accepted by mail or through the organization’s website.
- Polar bear cub plays with toy
- WATCH LIVE: Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear provides daily COVID-19 update
- WV PSC approves certificates for new Longview power plant in Mon County
- Michigan man pays for nurses’ gas
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads
- ‘COVID-19 Time Capsule’ worksheets great way for kids to keep busy, record their experiences
- Surgeon General: Here’s how you can make a cloth mask today in just a few easy steps
- Gov. DeWine signs order expanding telehealth in Ohio
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 3,739 cases reported, 102 deaths
- Silver Alert issued for missing North Carolina man