CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – The Charleston Police Department says officers responded to a possible shooting last night.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Monday, January 20, 2020, officers with the Charleston Police Department responded to an apartment in the Renaissance Circle for a possible shooting. When they arrived, they found that a shot had been fired by a black male suspect who had forced his way into the apartment, but that no one had been shot.
Police say the suspect fled the scene before police arrived. One victim sustained an abrasion to the left side of his head. The victim said he was sitting in a bedroom when he was struck in the face by the suspect and blacked out. There were multiple people inside the apartment at the time when the suspect forced his way inside.
One witness said he knew the suspect only as “Trap” and described him as a black male, approximately 6 feet tall weighing 175 pounds with short hair. Anyone with information about the incident or the suspect is asked to call the Charleston Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at 304-348- 8111.
- Pro-choice advocates: Justice’s executive order stopping abortions politicizes pandemic
- Drive-by Easter Bunny visits keep tradition alive
- Governor adds additional counties to COVID-19 Executive Order
- Scioto County confirms first positive case of COVID-19
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: WVa allows beer, wine home deliveries during virus outbreak
- Paddleboarder arrested for flouting California’s stay at home order
- Battling addiction while stuck in ‘Stay At Home’ order
- Emergency room doctor sleeping in RV to keep his family healthy
- Middle schoolers paint mural with encouraging words
- British man runs marathon in backyard during lockdown