CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – The Charleston Police Department says officers responded to a possible shooting last night.
Shortly after 10 p.m. Monday, January 20, 2020, officers with the Charleston Police Department responded to an apartment in the Renaissance Circle for a possible shooting. When they arrived, they found that a shot had been fired by a black male suspect who had forced his way into the apartment, but that no one had been shot.
Police say the suspect fled the scene before police arrived. One victim sustained an abrasion to the left side of his head. The victim said he was sitting in a bedroom when he was struck in the face by the suspect and blacked out. There were multiple people inside the apartment at the time when the suspect forced his way inside.
One witness said he knew the suspect only as “Trap” and described him as a black male, approximately 6 feet tall weighing 175 pounds with short hair. Anyone with information about the incident or the suspect is asked to call the Charleston Police Department Criminal Investigation Division at 304-348- 8111.
- 11 sailors injured as crews battle fire on Navy ship
- Logan County man arrested after demanding $400,000 from Walgreen cashiers
- Wyoming County woman makes over 4,000 masks to sell and donate
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 65,592 cases, 3,058 deaths
- “Back the Blue” rally takes place; counter-protesters rally
- Woman arrested, suspect sought in Dunbar robbery
- Virginia State Police issue Senior Alert for missing 80-year-old woman from Franklin County
- Trump wears a mask in public for the first time
- K-9 Spartan’s last call: Marshall County community says goodbye
- Belmont Co. Animal Shelter opens to public; new rules under COVID-19