CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) — Charleston’s Southside Bridge will temporarily close this weekend.
The bridge will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday, June 5, 2020 through 4:30 a.m. Monday, June 8, 2020 for repair work.
Several alternative routes for crossing the Kanawha River will be available throughout the weekend:
- The Eugene A. Carter Bridge on Interstate 64
- The Patrick Street Bridge,
- The 35th and 36th Street bridges in the Kanawha City area
- The Charles “Chuck” Yeager Bridge on Interstates 64/77
The repair work, approved by Charleston City Council in Sept. 2018, is part of a planned $2.3 million bridge rehabilitation project being conducted by the city as part of its ongoing transportation maintenance program.
- Update: Detectives investigating after body found in Kanawha County
- Heat wave keeping its grip on the tri-state
- Friends of Portsmouth set up ‘Light Up the Sky’ fireworks event
- WATCH: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks
- WATCH AGAIN: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Mountain State sees Saturday increase in COVId-19 cases
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Fireworks return to Mount Rushmore
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 56,183 cases, 2,907 deaths
- Cast your vote: All-Mountaineer Kicking Specialist