UPDATE, 12:30 P.M. MAY 22, 2020: The scene has been cleared and the road has reopened to traffic.
CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – The 600 block of S Park Rd in Charleston is blocked off after a child was struck by a vehicle.
According to Metro 911 officials, the call came in shortly before 11:30 a.m. Friday, May 22. The child has been transported to a local hospital. Their condition is unknown at this time.
The Charleston Police Department is still on the scene.
- State of Minnesota files complaint against police in Floyd’s death
- Kentucky Gov. to give update on protests, ‘Healthy at Work’ status
- Confederate monuments targeted by protests come down
- DeWine: Ohio ‘fully intends to have school in the fall’
- Parents arrested after 10-year-old tests positive for meth
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: 36,350 cases, 2,258 deaths reported
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Athletes join protest in Morgantown
- Amsted Rail invests in West Virginia company
- WV National Guard investigates ‘inflammatory comments’ regarding national protests