SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) — A child was struck by a vehicle on the Kanawha Turnpike in South Charleston, West Virginia this afternoon. the incident was reported just before 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
The Kanawha Turnpike is shut down between Rock Lake drive and Chestnut Street due to the incident. According to Kanawha County dispatchers, there is no word on the condition of the child. WOWK 13 News has a crew headed to the scene.
- Back to school immunizations begin today
- Putnam County Fair livestock auction continues virtually amid pandemic
- The dynamic of beach re-nourishment
- Portsmouth River Days Festival cancelled due to the coronavirus
- Putnam County man indicted for threatening law enforcement officers on Snapchat
- Charleston has a new citizen action group to promote social justice
- Shaquille O’Neal stops to help crash victim along Florida highway
- 13 News Now webcast, Tuesday, July 14: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- Pastor loses pounds after making promise to late wife
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19