SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) — A child was struck by a vehicle on the Kanawha Turnpike in South Charleston, West Virginia this afternoon. the incident was reported just before 4 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15, 2019.
The Kanawha Turnpike is shut down between Rock Lake drive and Chestnut Street due to the incident. According to Kanawha County dispatchers, there is no word on the condition of the child. WOWK 13 News has a crew headed to the scene.
- Woman rescues badly burnt koala from bushfire
- Police: Charleston Man arrested for sexual abusing juvenile boy
- Audit: West Virginia not checking criminal history of child care staff
- Gun found on elementary school playground in Ashland
- Kentucky bill aims to curb violence toward sports officials
- Hidden Valley releasing ranch-filled Xmas stocking
- Nine students charged after death of Ohio University fraternity pledge
- ‘Let the baby die’ signs target Ohio family with baby battling rare birth disorders
- West Virginia Medical Cannabis Permit Applications to open in December
- Academy Showcase to help students pick career path