CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) The Kanawha County Health Department says a combined team from Charleston Area Medical Center, the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department and the Kanawha County Emergency Ambulance Authority is going to Brookdale Charleston Gardens in Charleston to test approximately 81 resident for Coronavirus.
One resident tested positive earlier today.
“Out of an abundance of caution,” says Dr. Sherri Young, Kanawha-Charleston Health Department executive director and health officer, “we are partnering with CAMC and KCEAA to test residents.”
Young says she conferred with representatives of the City of Charleston and Kanawha County before initiating the testing. She says all residents will be tested, but that those symptomatic will receive priority.
Dr. Young says residents will be encouraged to isolate themselves until results are received. The Charleston Fire Department is assisting in transporting the tests to CAMC for or processing.
Those with questions should call the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department hotline at 304-348-1088.
- Search underway for missing Bluefield man
- 10 things you can do to nail your Zoom job interview
- Marshall University Athletics: One positive COVID-19 result
- WVU lands Arizona grad transfer Fields
- Double sexual assault trial begins for former Marshall student
- Two local men arrested in child trafficking cases
- 103-year-old woman celebrates birthday with first tattoo, first motorcycle ride
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump pulled from briefing; A look at the future of college football
- Six new deaths from virus reported in the Mountain State
- What do the kids say? K-12 students speak out on going back to school