KANAWHA COUNTY, WV (WOWK) – Crews are on scene at a structure fire near Blue Creek Road in Elkview this evening.
According to authorities, the fire started in a back bedroom. Crews were able to contain the blaze to two bedrooms. There is extensive smoke damage throughout house.
No one was at home at the time of the fire
Crews closed Blue Creek Road to through traffic while they fought the blaze. They expect to be able to re-open the road soon.
- Strong storms possible Sunday, heat returns next week
- St. Albans Police investigating after body found in Kanawha River
- Even during pandemic beekeeping remains an essential service
- One in four teachers at risk of serious illness if infected with COVID-19
- One death, 72 new cases of virus in Mountain State
- Here’s how to keep your pets cool and safe this summer
- ‘Herd That’ bounced from TBT after falling to Overseas Elite 93-76
- 6-year-old inspired by Positive Actions creates refreshment stand for her West Virginia community
- What does the COVID-19 swab test feel like?
- Pathologist found blood clots in ‘almost every organ’ during autopsies on COVID-19 patients