KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) — The Charleston Police Department has released the identity of the body found in the Kanawha River. On October 9, 2019, at around 5:30 p.m., Charleston Police responded to the 2800 block of Kanawha Blvd East in reference to the body.
Police have identified the body as John Douglas Mason, 56, of Charleston. The body was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner where an autopsy will be performed. At this time there is no foul play suspected.
- Smashing pumpkins: Oregon Zoo pachyderms go to work
- Ugly Sweater Pop-Tarts hit stores for the holiday season
- Fire destroys abandoned house in Barboursville
- Bridge Day 2019 is a national holiday for extreme sports enthusiasts
- 600 Florida turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Ohio student launches nonprofit to bring books to inmates
- Officials split building in two to solve property dispute in Ohio
- Cemetery killer booby-trapped home to target police
- Ohio University suspends more organizations amid hazing probe
- ‘A symbol of acceptance’: Kellogg joins anti-bullying campaign with All Together cereal