KANAWHA COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) — The Charleston Police Department has released the identity of the body found in the Kanawha River. On October 9, 2019, at around 5:30 p.m., Charleston Police responded to the 2800 block of Kanawha Blvd East in reference to the body.
Police have identified the body as John Douglas Mason, 56, of Charleston. The body was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner where an autopsy will be performed. At this time there is no foul play suspected.
- Henrico toddler walks again after being shot in the head during drive-by shooting: ‘It’s a miracle’
- Several crews respond to structure fire in Kanawha County
- Deadly shooting in Clay County, WV
- Medal of Honor recipient “Woody” Williams remembers Iwo Jima 75 years later
- Deputies and troopers investigate Clay County shooting
- Sissonville family loses home to fire
- Huntington restaurants host fundraiser week for first responders
- Mountaineer Foodbank hosts mobile food pantry for a community in need
- Shake Shoppe hosts fundraiser for WV Habitat for Humanity
- Multiple fire departments battle Kanawha County fire