PORTSMOUTH, Ohio (WOWK) – A building in Portsmouth collapsed Saturday night. No injuries were reported and crews are currently working to clean up the area.
The building on the 500 block of 2nd Street was housing a seasonal store, Christmas on 2nd. The owner of a neighboring store, the Happy Pot, says she noticed several bricks beginning to fall yesterday before the collapse.
The fire department has told owners of neighboring businesses that the collapse did not cause any structural damage to the neighboring buildings and their stores will be able to open after the cleanup is complete.
While the collapse did damage an electrical line connecting to a light post, no other major damage has been reported.
There is no word yet on how the collapse happened.
- Destination West Virginia: Oglebay Resort
- Webster County back down to zero COVID-19 cases
- Meet the new West Virginia State University president
- Kentucky surpasses 16,000 COVID-19 cases
- Cases of COVID-19 in WV rise again
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Congress attempt to reduce hot car deaths
- State receives federal grant funds for county projects in Eastern Kentucky
- WV man sentenced to federal prison for drug charges
- Watch fireworks online: How to enjoy 4th of July amid coronavirus pandemic
- Have a safe July 4th but remember…