UPDATE, AUG. 1, 9:45 A.M.: According to the Charleston Police Department, five vehicles were involved in the crash. Two additional vehicles sustained damage from debris.
Medical officials transported four people to CAMC General. Basil Eugene Workman II, 37, of Chesapeake died from injuries sustained in the crash.
The crash is currently under investigation by the Charleston Police Accident Investigation Bureau.
CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – One person is dead after a multi-vehicle crash in Charleston.
Crews have closed all lanes of MacCorkle Avenue from Kanawha Turnpike to Corridor G due to a multi-vehicle crash involving at least five vehicles.
Dispatchers say they’re being told of at least one fatality and other injuries.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 100,848 cases now reported in the state
- 5.1 earthquake felt across North Carolina
- COVID-19 claims 8 more lives in West Virginia
- South Charleston’s Aaliyah Dunham earns spot on Big East All-Academic team
- Marshall Football schedule impacted by COVID-19 & MAC cancellations
- Rock Hill Girls Basketball holds inaugural golf outing
- Ohio University student-athletes protest against police brutality
- 6th annual backpack giveaway takes place in North Charleston
- County Day Report Center employee tests positive for COVID
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US