UPDATE 05/20/20 @ 6:39 AM: ODOT crews say they expect to still stay on scene for awhile but are reopening one lane of SR 522 at mile marker 3 and directing traffic so people can get to work. They say you should expect some delays.
UPDATE 05/20/20 @ 6:09 AM: ODOT crews say they anticipate to be on scene for another 30-45 minutes as they get the tree off the road.
ORIGINAL 05/20/20 @ 5:57 AM:
WHEELERSBURG, OH (WOWK) — SR 522 is closed at mile marker 3 after a tree fell on the road around 4 am Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
Power lines also fell as a result, however they are not on the road.
At this point, it appears like the hill the tree was located gave out because of the rain.
AEP and the Ohio State Highway Patrol have been on scene all morning while ODOT crews made it out a little before 6 am.
In the meantime, motorists should use Mill Road as a detour.
- Customers excited to see several Capitol Street businesses back open
- More COVID-19 testing coming to all West Virginia jails and prisons
- Kanawha County lunch program plans to feed thousands this summer
- Positive COVID-19 cases in Randolph County continue to increase
- Ohio Lt. Gov. explains the difference between absentee ballots and voting by mail
- Gov. Beshear to give daily 5 p.m. update on reopening Kentucky
- WATCH LIVE: Authorities give update on the death of George Floyd amidst violent protests in Minneapolis
- Trump escalates war on Twitter, social media protections
- Board of Health approves grants to pay healthcare staff overtime
- Man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive