ELKVIEW, W.Va. (WOWK) – A Kanawha County mother who was arrested after her 10-month-old baby was hospitalized and tested positive for ingesting methamphetamine has been sentenced to one to eight years in prison. Miranda Taylor, 24, of Elkview, West Virginia, had been convicted on charges related to child neglect. She received credit for time already served.
In July of 2018, Taylor’s mother called 911 to report the child’s unusual behavior and symptoms. An ambulance from the Kanawha County Emergency Ambulance Authority transported the child to an area hospital after they removed the baby from his mother’s arms. A urinalysis revealed the presence of methamphetamine in the child.
- Outrage: Parents and students speak out about Kanawha County Schools graduation cancelation
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Protesters hold ‘Stroll to the Poll’ event, encouraging voters to cast early ballots
- State tests over 1,600 of state’s vulnerable population
- Next court appearance set for father of man accused of fatal Waffle House shooting
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Greenup County, KY man arrested for drug trafficking
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 38,111 cases, 2,370 deaths reported
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second-degree assault