ELKVIEW, W.Va. (WOWK) – A Kanawha County mother who was arrested after her 10-month-old baby was hospitalized and tested positive for ingesting methamphetamine has been sentenced to one to eight years in prison. Miranda Taylor, 24, of Elkview, West Virginia, had been convicted on charges related to child neglect. She received credit for time already served.
In July of 2018, Taylor’s mother called 911 to report the child’s unusual behavior and symptoms. An ambulance from the Kanawha County Emergency Ambulance Authority transported the child to an area hospital after they removed the baby from his mother’s arms. A urinalysis revealed the presence of methamphetamine in the child.
- New resort makes Wayne County a vacation destination
- Semi overturns near Buffalo Bridge in Putnam County
- Students attend the Charleston PD’s annual “Powerama”
- Governor Justice unveils Jobs & Hope WV program
- Trump tweets support for Kentucky governor in election
- New study: Opioid crisis cost US economy $631B over 4 years
- Disturbing new details in Clarksburg VA Hospital deaths
- Cabell County corn maze may close after this year
- Charleston begins abandoned home demolition
- WVU fraternity charter revoked because of alcohol-related violations