Fire at Charleston Town Center Outback

Local News

CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) — A fire was reported at the Outback Steakhouse at Charleston Town Center mall on Monday morning.

Metro 911 says the fire occurred in the kitchen and that the Charleston Fire Department is on the scene.

13 News reporter Audra Laskey reports that the kitchen fire was in the vents, and all employees inside made it out of the building safely.

Investigations are ongoing as this is the second vent fire in an area restaurant. The Fire Marshal has contacted the company which performs the vent inspections.

Restaurant vents are required to be cleaned every three months and inspected every six months.

This is a developing story, and we will continue to update it on WOWKTV.com, the WOWK 13 News App, and on 13 News on air.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the FREE WOWK 13 News App

Washington DC Bureau

More Washington DC Bureau

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories