BARBOURSVILLE, W.Va. (WOWK) – An abandoned house next to the Toyota dealership in Barboursville has been destroyed by a fire. Local fire crews first responded to the structure fire around 8 a.m. Sunday morning and quickly contained the blaze. An official with the Barboursville Fire Department said the two-story home was abandoned and no one was on the scene at the time of the fire.
Minor flames reignited in the demolished structure around noon. The Barboursville Fire Department had the situation under control shortly after. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- WV pools face implications in reopening
- Bicyclist accused of assaulting teens over protest flyers along Maryland trail
- 13 things to do this weekend (June 5 – June 7, 2020)
- YouTube celebrity Jake Paul faces charges after mall riot
- Play it safe: Mardi Gras Casino to reopen with new protocols
- Mother arrested after missing boy’s body found in dumpster
- Local canine celebrity helping to raise money for new kennels at Roane County shelter
- Gov. Justice removes Hess from State Fire Commission over controversial social media posts
- Lawmaker: US has had worst response to pandemic worldwide
- Young political group lends a helping hand; Portsmouth hedge sign transformed