CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – Former Andrew Jackson Middle School teacher and former Miss Kentucky Ramsey Bearse has received a two-year sentence for charges of sending obscene material to a minor. She must report to the Lakin Correctional Center and Jail on or before 10 a.m. Monday, July 20, 2020.
Bearse entered a guilty plea in December, 2019 in Kanawha County Circuit Court to four counts of sending obscene material to a minor. She was originally arrested in December 2018.
Bearse was originally scheduled for sentencing January 17, 2020, however, Judge Duke Bloom postponed the sentencing saying after going over evidence in the case, he believed she qualified for a psychologic evaluation.
- Softball life continues for former Buffalo & Marshall grad Ali Burdette
- YWCA offers programs to help domestic violence victims find housing
- One dead after fatal crash in Wood County
- Here’s what classrooms will look like in West Virginia this fall
- Couple graduates from first family treatment court in the state
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- Double sexual assault trial begins for former Marshall student
- Charleston Montessori School switching to outdoor classrooms
- ‘There’s a lot to lose’: Marshall Football season uncertain
- Big concerns about whether West Virginia has enough broadband for students