GREENUP, KY (WOWK) – For those looking to get outside of the house, outdoor resorts are set to reopen by the end of May.
As some businesses start opening their doors on Monday, outdoor resorts and campsites have a little more than a week left. Tourism has been down for the past couple of months in several areas across the tri-state, but that could soon change.
Dragonfly Outdoor Adventures located in Greenup has faced challenges after being deemed non-essential and forced to shut down in March. With the resort being a seasonal business, early March would have been the start of the tourism season.
Now, after taking on the challenges of keeping their business afloat, General Manager Kristen Matthews says they are working to adapt to the “new normal.”
This has kind of put a little bit of a damper on things, but we’ve created a COVID protocol. So, people are going to be able to self serve kayaking service this season.Kristen Matthews
Abiding by social distance guidelines, the indoor and outdoor aerial yoga classes will limit how many students will be allowed in. The outdoor cafe is currently open for business with outdoor dining on the resort property.
The resort is set to reopen May 29. For more information on the resort, click here.
- Sheriff: Phone scammers pretending to be deputies
- Parents need help flying preemie babies born in Utah home to Florida
- Man says he was threatened with noose, called racial slurs
- COVID-19 can float in the air, and the WHO should clearly tell people that, experts say
- Coronavirus in Ohio Monday update: 57,956 total cases, 2,927 deaths
- Coronavirus House Calls returns in primetime special ‘Combating the Comeback’
- Feeling short-changed? COVID-19 causing nationwide coin shortage
- No more delays — July 15 is Tax Day. What to know about the deadline
- WV Gov. Justice orders masks in buildings
- Country rocker and fiddler Charlie Daniels dies at age 83