CHARLESTON, WV (AP) — Gov. Jim Justice has recommended 12 development projects located on or nearby abandoned mine lands to get over $27 million in federal funds.
The state’s Environmental Protection Department said the projects recommended Thursday include constructions for an ATV resort, a wildlife education center and water treatment systems.
The recipients applied for grant funding earlier this year and were considered by different state agencies and the governor’s office. The projects and their grants still need final approval by the federal government.
- Update: Person dies after being struck by vehicle on 4th of July
- Heat wave keeping its grip on the tri-state
- Friends of Portsmouth set up ‘Light Up the Sky’ fireworks event
- WATCH: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks
- WATCH AGAIN: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Mountain State sees Saturday increase in COVId-19 cases
- Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Fireworks return to Mount Rushmore
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 56,183 cases, 2,907 deaths
- Cast your vote: All-Mountaineer Kicking Specialist