UPDATE: JUNE 30, 5:03 P.M.: Officials have evacuated 36 homes from the 100 block to the 850 block of Speed Road. The leak occurred about 100 yards behind a residence in the 300 block of Speed Road. The Trans Canada 18″ gas line installed in 1921.
Officials say they hope to have it repaired in approximately an hour.
ROANE COUNTY, WV (WOWK) – Roane County 911 dispatchers say a gas leak has been reported in the Speed Road area and several homes are being evacuated.
Officials are conducting “knock and talks” in the area now to evacuate people within a one-mile radius of the leak. This evacuation includes the area from Speed Church to Round Knob Road, according to dispatchers.
The fire department and members of law enforcement are on scene assisting with evacuation. Officials are bringing equipment to the scene to address the leak.
- Putnam County Fair livestock auction continues virtually amid pandemic
- The dynamic of beach re-nourishment
- Portsmouth River Days Festival cancelled due to the coronavirus
- Putnam County man indicted for threatening law enforcement officers on Snapchat
- Charleston has a new citizen action group to promote social justice
- Shaquille O’Neal stops to help crash victim along Florida highway
- 13 News Now webcast, Tuesday, July 14: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- Pastor loses pounds after making promise to late wife
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19
- Groups call for removal of Stonewall Jackson statue