CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – When it comes to New Years resolutions it seems some type of health or fitness goal is one you will hear at least once a year, maybe even setting one for yourself. According to YouGov, exercising more and eating healthier are this years most popular resolutions.
We talked to Darren Arndt, a West Virginia native, former WVU football player and current fitness and nutrition consultant, and asked what is the best way to accomplish these goals.
Here are some of his biggest tips:
– Write out your goals.
– Ease into it the process. Don’t burn yourself out doing too much at once.
– Make weekly goals that you can check off.
– Stick to shopping on the outside of the grocery store. Whole foods are your friend.
– Meal prep to help avoid making poor food choices on the go.
– Get a workout partner. Someone to hold you accountable to your goals.
You can see examples of Arndt’s workouts and recipes on his instagram page.