CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – UPDATE: The northbound lanes of I77 on the West Virginia Turnpike have reopened after being shut down following a vehicle fire near the 80.5 mile-marker.
ORIGINAL STORY: Both northbound lanes of I77 on the West Virginia Turnpike are shut down following a vehicle fire near the 80.5 mile-marker.
The fire began in the cab of a tractor-trailer carrying an empty box truck. Multiple crews responded to the scene, and have extinguished the fire. Emergency Management dispatch says the road will remain closed until further notice.
- Smashing pumpkins: Oregon Zoo pachyderms go to work
- Ugly Sweater Pop-Tarts hit stores for the holiday season
- Fire destroys abandoned house in Barboursville
- Bridge Day 2019 is a national holiday for extreme sports enthusiasts
- 600 Florida turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Ohio student launches nonprofit to bring books to inmates
- Officials split building in two to solve property dispute in Ohio
- Cemetery killer booby-trapped home to target police
- Ohio University suspends more organizations amid hazing probe
- ‘A symbol of acceptance’: Kellogg joins anti-bullying campaign with All Together cereal