CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – UPDATE: The northbound lanes of I77 on the West Virginia Turnpike have reopened after being shut down following a vehicle fire near the 80.5 mile-marker.
ORIGINAL STORY: Both northbound lanes of I77 on the West Virginia Turnpike are shut down following a vehicle fire near the 80.5 mile-marker.
The fire began in the cab of a tractor-trailer carrying an empty box truck. Multiple crews responded to the scene, and have extinguished the fire. Emergency Management dispatch says the road will remain closed until further notice.
- T-Mobile launches initiative to better serve first responders
- Polling stations opening for Kentucky primary election: dispute on how many
- Photo Gallery: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation
- Dept. of Homeland Security: increase in child exploitation, cyberbullying during pandemic
- Crowds gather again in Columbus to protest police brutality, emergency declared in downtown area
- Man stabbed multiple times in Charleston
- Teen describes being trapped in flipped truck during flash flooding
- Explosion at SpaceX South Texas facility caught on camera
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Hotel industry hits record breaking low at local and national level