SCIOTO COUNTY, Ohio (WOWK) — The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services has released its final “child fatality” report of the Scioto County Children Services’ handling of the death of a baby. While the redacted version of the report does not specifically name 4-month-old Dylan Groves, the timeline matches his case.
The infant’s body was found 30-feet down a well in mid-June. The final investigation found that Scioto County Children Services was “out of compliance with Ohio administrative code.”
The agency is now required to submit a corrective action plan. Meanwhile, Groves’s parents both face a number of charges including aggravated murder and gross abuse of a corpse.
You can read the redacted report below. App Users, if it does not load, tap here.
- Outrage: Parents and students speak out about Kanawha County Schools graduation cancelation
- Man, 22, charged with murder after police chase leaves mother of six dead
- Protesters hold ‘Stroll to the Poll’ event, encouraging voters to cast early ballots
- State tests over 1,600 of state’s vulnerable population
- Next court appearance set for father of man accused of fatal Waffle House shooting
- Officer saves choking child while on lunch break at Olive Garden
- Greenup County, KY man arrested for drug trafficking
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 38,111 cases, 2,370 deaths reported
- Walmart pledges $100 million to advance racial equity
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second-degree assault