IRONTON, Ohio (WOWK) – On Monday night at around 7:15 p.m. the Ironton City Council held an emergency meeting with the wastewater treatment board to discuss fixing a bar screen for the wastewater treatment plant.
Councilmembers along with city mayor, Sam Cramblit were notified on Friday when a bar screen filter system was damaged causing excess rubbage to be filtered by hand. The council voted to approve the purchase of the necessary parts needed to complete the repairs.
Once the repairs are made, the wastewater treatment plant will go back into regular operations.
- Mountaineer Foodbank hosts mobile food pantry for a community in need
- Shake Shoppe hosts fundraiser for WV Habitat for Humanity
- Multiple fire departments battle Kanawha County fire
- Senators push to make New River Gorge a national park and preserve
- President Trump authorizes additional disaster assistance for historic 2016 flood
- Basketball team wins fight to play in tournament
- Marshall University to play East Carolina in memory of 75 who died in plane crash
- WV House wants criminal investigation of hospital closures
- PTSD Bill passes WV House of Delegates
- “Friends” is getting a reunion