CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – People looking for a new career or a better job were on the hunt at a job fair today sponsored by the West Virginia Development Office and Workforce West Virginia.
Job seekers showed up with their resumes in hand at the Kanawha City Community Center in Charleston. Employers were looking to hire for many jobs, from equipment operators and custodial positions to truck drivers, census takers and roofers.
Today’s event was designed to be a one-stop-shop for participants. Nick Nunnery of the Workforce Investment Board said, “Figure out what is going on in the job market. One good place to do that is at our one-stop located at Plaza East at the Workforce building. There are listings for training opportunities, education opportunities, and employment opportunities available there.”
If you missed out on today’s job fair, mark your calendar for November 1. The next fair will be at the upper Kanawha Valley YMCA in Montgomery from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Meet Narwhal, the puppy found with a tail growing out of his head
- LEGO convention set to come to Charleston in 2020
- West Virginia Governor asked to end sales of flavored vaping products
- Record cold temperatures hit area Wednesday morning
- Man dies from injuries after 50-car pileup in Ohio
- Firefighter dies day before Disney trip while saving baby from burning home
- West Virginia Deputies looking for suspects that stole an ATM
- Car thief drives off with sleeping toddler
- Mission West Virginia brings awareness, support to foster care
- State Police to conduct DUI checkpoint in Kanawha County