CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – People looking for a new career or a better job were on the hunt at a job fair today sponsored by the West Virginia Development Office and Workforce West Virginia.
Job seekers showed up with their resumes in hand at the Kanawha City Community Center in Charleston. Employers were looking to hire for many jobs, from equipment operators and custodial positions to truck drivers, census takers and roofers.
Today’s event was designed to be a one-stop-shop for participants. Nick Nunnery of the Workforce Investment Board said, “Figure out what is going on in the job market. One good place to do that is at our one-stop located at Plaza East at the Workforce building. There are listings for training opportunities, education opportunities, and employment opportunities available there.”
If you missed out on today’s job fair, mark your calendar for November 1. The next fair will be at the upper Kanawha Valley YMCA in Montgomery from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- LIVE UPDATE: Tropical Storm Cristobal forms in Gulf of Mexico
- Athletes join protest in Morgantown
- Amsted Rail invests in West Virginia company
- WV National Guard investigates ‘inflammatory comments’ regarding national protests
- Kentucky motorists encouraged to renew license through mail
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Man arrested on drug charge in Meigs County
- Photos: More violence shakes the US
- WGN America announces news anchors, correspondents for national newscast ‘News Nation’ launching in September
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 2, 2020