CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) – A jury has convicted a Charleston man in the death of his ex-girlfriend’s 8-month-old daughter.
William Ellis Bowen IV was convicted Tuesday on charges of child abuse causing death and failure to provide medical care for a child resulting in death. The charges stem from the June 2018 death of Lillyann Aubriana Hudson.
The girl’s mother, Chellbie Elaine Hudson, pleaded guilty last month to child neglect resulting in death and agreed to testify against Bowen.
Authorities have said that Kanawha County deputies responding to a report of an unresponsive baby last summer found the infant covered in bruises. They said she was taken to a hospital and died. An autopsy found Lillyann suffered head trauma that caused massive internal bleeding.
- New resort makes Wayne County a vacation destination
- Semi overturns near Buffalo Bridge in Putnam County
- Students attend the Charleston PD’s annual “Powerama”
- Governor Justice unveils Jobs & Hope WV program
- Trump tweets support for Kentucky governor in election
- New study: Opioid crisis cost US economy $631B over 4 years
- Disturbing new details in Clarksburg VA Hospital deaths
- Cabell County corn maze may close after this year
- Charleston begins abandoned home demolition
- WVU fraternity charter revoked because of alcohol-related violations