CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) – A jury has convicted a Charleston man in the death of his ex-girlfriend’s 8-month-old daughter.
William Ellis Bowen IV was convicted Tuesday on charges of child abuse causing death and failure to provide medical care for a child resulting in death. The charges stem from the June 2018 death of Lillyann Aubriana Hudson.
The girl’s mother, Chellbie Elaine Hudson, pleaded guilty last month to child neglect resulting in death and agreed to testify against Bowen.
Authorities have said that Kanawha County deputies responding to a report of an unresponsive baby last summer found the infant covered in bruises. They said she was taken to a hospital and died. An autopsy found Lillyann suffered head trauma that caused massive internal bleeding.
- Gov. Justice removes Hess from State Fire Commission over controversial social media posts
- Young political group lends a helping hand; Portsmouth hedge sign transformed
- University of Kentucky student sues for tuition, fees refund
- Positive COVID-19 cases rise in Kentucky; Gov. says more asymptomatic people being tested
- George Floyd remembered at memorial service in Minneapolis
- Two arrested on drug charges in Huntington
- Roane County reports first COVID-19 death
- West Virginia fairs and festivals allowed to open as of July 1
- Garden plot usage growing at Spring Hill Cemetery
- DeWine: Zoos, movie theaters, other entertainment facilities can reopen next week