CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – The Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association broke the record for the number of adoptions at it’s annual Black Friday Adoption Sale yesterday. The event helps the shelter, which was at full compacity, adopt out dogs and cats to their forever homes.
110 animals found their new best friends yesterday, beating last year’s record of 93 adoptions. The shelter says 56 dogs and 54 cats were adopted.
During the event, dogs and cats, excluding puppies and pure breeds were adopted free of charge. The Black Friday deals also offered free spay and neuter, vaccinations, microchipping and 30 days of free pet insurance.
For more information on the Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association, visit their website.
- Going to the Grammy’s: Nitro mother-daughter duo heading to California after winning WOWK contest
- U.S Census office in Lawrence County needs more than 12,000 workers
- West Virginia State Senate bill pushes for statewide trauma-informed practices grades K-12
- Public meeting hosted to get signatures in support of annexation
- Debate over legal adult-use cannabis in West Virginia
- Unknown powder incident at elementary school in Calhoun County no longer credible threat
- LIVE COVERAGE: House managers present case for impeaching Trump
- Accidents close two traffic lanes near Dunbar exit
- Cabell County Commission passes second amendment sanctuary resolution with 3-0 vote
- Bowling brings smiles, joy to kids during Special Olympics