CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – The Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association broke the record for the number of adoptions at it’s annual Black Friday Adoption Sale yesterday. The event helps the shelter, which was at full compacity, adopt out dogs and cats to their forever homes.
110 animals found their new best friends yesterday, beating last year’s record of 93 adoptions. The shelter says 56 dogs and 54 cats were adopted.
During the event, dogs and cats, excluding puppies and pure breeds were adopted free of charge. The Black Friday deals also offered free spay and neuter, vaccinations, microchipping and 30 days of free pet insurance.
For more information on the Kanawha-Charleston Humane Association, visit their website.
- DeWines test negative for COVID
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 1,294 new cases, 16 additional deaths
- More CPD officers test positive for COVID
- Mid-American Conference cancels fall football due to virus
- 22nd annual Logan Shrine Club Memorial golf outing to benefit children suffering from diseases
- Cupcake shop celebrates 10 year anniversary
- 13 News Now webcast, Friday, Aug. 7: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- WV Corrections continues close watch on COVID-19 numbers at jail
- Shop back to school: tax-free holiday weekend begins in Ohio
- Pioneer Football League cancels Fall league schedule