ELKVIEW, W.Va. (WOWK) — A man who was reported missing in Elkview, West Virginia on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, was arrested on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. 57-year-old Randy Hanna was picked up on a four-year-old warrant for possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine.
Randy and Jenivee Hanna were initially reported missing by Jenivee’s 13-year-old son. The teen told deputies his mother and step-father left the house at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, October 14, 2019. According to the 13-year-old, he was not able to reach them overnight and called 911 in the morning on Tuesday.
Randy and Jenivee were found safe Tuesday night. According to the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office, a deputy was patrolling the Elkview area last night and stopped a maroon Ford Explorer.
The couple explained to the deputy that they were having mechanical issues with their car and were in a dead zone and couldn’t call for help.
Randy is due back in court on October 25, 2019.
- Back to school immunizations begin today
- Putnam County Fair livestock auction continues virtually amid pandemic
- The dynamic of beach re-nourishment
- Portsmouth River Days Festival cancelled due to the coronavirus
- Putnam County man indicted for threatening law enforcement officers on Snapchat
- Charleston has a new citizen action group to promote social justice
- Shaquille O’Neal stops to help crash victim along Florida highway
- 13 News Now webcast, Tuesday, July 14: Live at 9 p.m. EST
- Pastor loses pounds after making promise to late wife
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19