ELKVIEW, W.Va. (WOWK) — A man who was reported missing in Elkview, West Virginia on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, was arrested on Wednesday, October 16, 2019. 57-year-old Randy Hanna was picked up on a four-year-old warrant for possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine.
Randy and Jenivee Hanna were initially reported missing by Jenivee’s 13-year-old son. The teen told deputies his mother and step-father left the house at 6:30 p.m. on Monday, October 14, 2019. According to the 13-year-old, he was not able to reach them overnight and called 911 in the morning on Tuesday.
Randy and Jenivee were found safe Tuesday night. According to the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office, a deputy was patrolling the Elkview area last night and stopped a maroon Ford Explorer.
The couple explained to the deputy that they were having mechanical issues with their car and were in a dead zone and couldn’t call for help.
Randy is due back in court on October 25, 2019.
- Woman rescues badly burnt koala from bushfire
- Police: Charleston Man arrested for sexual abusing juvenile boy
- Audit: West Virginia not checking criminal history of child care staff
- Gun found on elementary school playground in Ashland
- Kentucky bill aims to curb violence toward sports officials
- Hidden Valley releasing ranch-filled Xmas stocking
- Nine students charged after death of Ohio University fraternity pledge
- ‘Let the baby die’ signs target Ohio family with baby battling rare birth disorders
- West Virginia Medical Cannabis Permit Applications to open in December
- Academy Showcase to help students pick career path