CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – Tuesday morning a press conference was held at the Charleston Town Center, announcing the Kanawha County Library is temporarily moving into the mall.
Mayor Amy Goodwin along with Kanawha County Library board members signed the lease agreement during the ceremony.
Mayor Goodwin says this should bring more business to the mall, in addition to being a central location that’s easily accessible for readers. She added, this has been a 15-month process, and she’s proud it’s finally come to fruition.
The temporary library will take up spots in some of the vacant stores on the second floor, while the original location undergoes a $24 million renovation project.
- James Corden “Homefest” tonight on CBS
- New River Gorge National River announces temporary closure of campgrounds and restrooms
- Ohio troopers lend helping hand with school lunches
- Virginia community celebrates WWII veteran
- Michigan State University 3D-prints face shields in response to COVID-19 crisis
- Healthcare workers fly to NY to help during coronavirus pandemic
- West Virginians praised for keeping COVID-19 rates low
- Valley Health Systems opens new drive-thru COVID-19 testing site
- Gov. Beshear issues order for Kentuckians to avoid out of state travel; 480 cases, 2 new deaths
- Mountain State up to 145 confirmed COVID-19 cases