CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – Kanawha County Schools says it is canceling all eight high school proms in the county due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
According to a tweet from the school district, proms had been scheduled to begin on April 18th.
“We are sorry to have to make this announcement. Thank you for your continued support and patience,” the Kanawha County School District says.
- ‘Coronavirus: Facts Not Fear’ evening update – April 1, 2020
- Lawn flamingos showcase social distancing
- Reporter’s cam captures tremble
- Laredo residents ordered to cover their mouths and noses in public places
- Non-essential Personal Protective Equipment use hurting first responders
- Jackson County Health Department confirms West Virginia’s second COVID-19 related death
- Information and referral hotline receives more calls than usual
- Ohio AG sends cease and desist letter to Hobby Lobby
- West Virginia Primary Election delayed; Schools delayed, too
- Marshall University offers Credit/No Credit grading option for spring semester