SISSONVILLE, WV (WOWK) – At approximately 1:24 a.m. Kanawha County Sheriff’s Deputies and medics with the Kanawha County Emergency Ambulance Authority dispatched to Sissonville for a fatal crash.
Police arrested the driver, Dakota Z. Miller, 20, of Charleston, for felony driving under the influence causing death. Police say Miller’s blood alcohol content was 43% when a sample was later taken.
According to police, as a pickup containing at least six occupants drove toward I-77 on Second Creek. One passenger sat in the pickup’s passenger-side window, holding onto the roof with his legs inside the vehicle. Police say the truck went right off the roadway and a tree struck the passenger killing him.
Police have not released the name of the victim at this time.
- Hot, sunny days mean time to think about heat safety for people and pets
- Man in Joker mask charged after setting Chicago cop car on fire: officials
- Two brothers, 6 and 7, die in crash after taking grandparents’ Buick out for ride
- Coronavirus pandemic weighing heavy on travel industry
- Two men sentenced in federal court for traveling to engage in sex with a minor
- Neighbors in Youngs Bottom say flooding is a growing concern in their community
- Peaceful protests continue on Charleston’s West Side
- Man allegedly caught eating 90-year-old grandmother’s body
- Some waiting for funding, others committing fraud
- George Floyd protesters return to the streets as Trump decries ‘lowlifes’