Update Monday, May 25, 2020: The name was released for the man who perished due to injuries he received in a fatal two-vehicle crash in Pike County.
Dylan Price, 27, from Shelbiana KY, passed away Friday, according to Kentucky State Police.
The two other victims were transferred to the University of Kentucky Medical Center are reported to be in stable condition.
PIKE COUNTY, KY (WOWK) – Kentucky State Police are investigating a fatal two-vehicle crash in Pike County.
KSP says Post 9 received a call just before 8:30 a.m. today, Friday, May 22, reporting a two-vehicle collision in the Millard area of Pike County on KY 122, also known as Collins Highway.
Troopers say a vehicle had allegedly crossed over the center of the roadway into the path of a second vehicle causing a head-on collision.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene by the Pike County Coroner’s office as a result of the crash, according to troopers. They also say two of the second vehicle’s four occupants were taken to Pikeville Medical Center and later transferred to the University of Kentucky Medical Center.
The crash is still under investigation and further details will be released as they become available.
- COVID-19 listed as ‘contributing factor’ in Kentucky infant’s death
- Cinema chain AMC warns it may not survive the pandemic
- Exclusive poll shows support for George Floyd protests, disapproval of Trump’s response
- US Attorney: Drug charges could have impacted ‘four times the population of West Virginia’
- WVU announces mandatory COVID testing prior to fall semester
- KSP investigates fatal crash in Floyd County
- Minnesota AG to upgrade murder charge against officer in Floyd case; three other officers face charges
- Kanawha County polling place moved to new location for primary election
- UPDATE: Missing West Virginia man found safe
- Coronavirus in Ohio Wednesday update: 36,792 cases, 2,299 deaths