CHARLESTON, WV (WOWK) – It was a sea of black and gold today at the West Virginia State Capitol Building. That’s because it was “West Virginia State University State University Day” at the legislature.
Faculty, staff and students were on hand to show off their “Yellow Jacket” Pride. The school is launching new nursing and engineering programs, and now has seven degree programs available online.
“Even though we have many institutions of higher learning, there is a need for online learning, not only in this state but nationally. And so we are preparing courses that are needed for the future,” said Charles Byers, Ph.D., WVSU Interim Provost.
West Virginia State University serves nearly 4,000 graduate and undergraduate students at its campus in Institute.
- ‘The Maker’s Center’ innovates as it creates PPE for front-line heroes
- Severe Storms Possible Late Tuesday-Early Wednesday
- Australian court dismisses cardinal’s sex abuse convictions
- Researchers turn CPAP machines into ventilators
- Actor Matthew McConaughey plays virtual bingo with seniors in isolation
- Michigan deputies make deliveries to citizens who are unable to get needed items themselves
- ICYMI: April 6 tristate COVID-19 update
- ‘Let’s hurry up!’: W.Va. Senator calling governor to put unemployment claims first
- CDC tips about cloth face coverings
- Kitties take over the Georgia Aquarium