CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – The BrickUniverse LEGO Fan Convention is coming to West Virginia. The event is set to take place at the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center on July 25 and 26, 2020. The event will include several attractions centered around the plastic building blocks.
The organization’s events around the country have included live LEGO builds, the Building Zone where attendees can build their own LEGO creations, and select galleries of life-sized LEGO models.
BrickUniverse’s Charleston event will include the Building Zone as well as a LEGO Friends Building Area, a Star Wars Zone, and for younger visitors, Big Brick Building with larger LEGO Duplo bricks.
The convention will also host galleries from LEGO artists who have had their work in exhibitions around the world. Professional LEGO artist Jonathan Lopes of San Diego will showcase over 30 of his LEGO displays including an 8-foot model of New York City’s Woolworth Building. Freelance LEGO artist Rocco Buttliere of Chicago will be displaying models of famous landmarks from around the world.
Tickets for the event are already available now for either date for $12.99. Anyone interested in more information can visit BrickUniverse’s website.
- Charleston Mail Processing Plant Prepares for Holiday Rush
- Young boy & girl suspects sought for West Virginia mobile home arson
- MLB removes marijuana from list of banned substances for minor league players
- Montana dog found in West Virginia starts journey home for the holidays
- Sheriff’s Office searches for owner after emaciated dog found in Ohio
- Police say Ohio granddaughter fatally shot grandmother
- 11 Chinese migrants found hidden inside furniture, appliances in moving truck
- Capt. Ray Cornwell speaks ahead of taking over as interim police chief
- Fayette County woman charged in deadly child neglect case
- FOP hosts Christmas party for Cabell County students