ST. ALBANS, W.Va. (WOWK) – A man has died following a shooting in the 2200 block of Monroe Avenue in St. Albans Saturday, October 12, 2019. St. Albans police say the incident happened around 11:30 p.m. following a disturbance, which escalated to an altercation between the victim and the homeowner.
According to police, the homeowner shot the victim in the abdomen. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he later died early Sunday morning.
The St. Albans Police Department is still investigating and has not yet released the name of the victim.
- Pomeroy local landmark catches fire early Sunday morning
- UPDATE: Man dies in Boone County crash
- Charleston Police release 2019 ‘Year End Report’ showing less crime in Capital City
- Deputies: Poca man wanted in pursuit
- Principal of Woodrow Wilson High releases official statement regarding fight at rivalry game
- Police searching for escaped Charleston inmate
- ACTC students voice concerns on unkept promises by Braidy Industries
- UPDATE: One dead after Route 60 crash in Kanawha County
- Hospital uses girl’s heartbeat to create song for her grieving family
- Governor (and Coach) Justice responds to “thugs” remarks