ST. ALBANS, W.Va. (WOWK) – A man has died following a shooting in the 2200 block of Monroe Avenue in St. Albans Saturday, October 12, 2019. St. Albans police say the incident happened around 11:30 p.m. following a disturbance, which escalated to an altercation between the victim and the homeowner.
According to police, the homeowner shot the victim in the abdomen. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he later died early Sunday morning.
The St. Albans Police Department is still investigating and has not yet released the name of the victim.
- Seven workers fired after brawl at Popeyes caught on video
- Groundbreaking set for Facebook broadband project in West Virginia
- Virginia teacher’s assistant sentenced in sex abuse sting
- First trial linked to Ohio family slayings set to start
- Nonprofit organization helping to protect children from online predators
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife launches new crime-fighting app
- Ohio says study finds many pregnancy deaths were preventable
- Former Ohio lawmaker sentenced on federal fraud charge
- Daycare worker fired over note telling mother to put son on diet and ‘go away’
- Ohio police seize enough carfentanil to kill up to 1.2 million people