CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – A man is dead following a fire in Charleston that happened just after 1 p.m. on Thursday, October 10, 2019 on 4th Avenue in North Charleston. Investigators have identified the man who died as 61-year-old Jeffery Dotson.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire, but say it does not appear to be suspicious. It is the second fatal fire in the City of Charleston this week.
The Charleston Fire Department says they received a call from neighbors that the homeowner was trapped inside. Firefighters were able to get Dotson out, but he later died from his injuries.
The fire remains under investigation.
- T-Mobile launches initiative to better serve first responders
- Polling stations opening for Kentucky primary election: dispute on how many
- Photo Gallery: Protests over George Floyd’s death break out across nation
- Dept. of Homeland Security: increase in child exploitation, cyberbullying during pandemic
- Crowds gather again in Columbus to protest police brutality, emergency declared in downtown area
- Man stabbed multiple times in Charleston
- Teen describes being trapped in flipped truck during flash flooding
- Explosion at SpaceX South Texas facility caught on camera
- George Floyd protests grow across the U.S.
- Hotel industry hits record breaking low at local and national level