CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WOWK) – A man is dead following a fire in Charleston that happened just after 1 p.m. on Thursday, October 10, 2019 on 4th Avenue in North Charleston. Investigators have identified the man who died as 61-year-old Jeffery Dotson.
Investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire, but say it does not appear to be suspicious. It is the second fatal fire in the City of Charleston this week.
The Charleston Fire Department says they received a call from neighbors that the homeowner was trapped inside. Firefighters were able to get Dotson out, but he later died from his injuries.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Smashing pumpkins: Oregon Zoo pachyderms go to work
- Ugly Sweater Pop-Tarts hit stores for the holiday season
- Fire destroys abandoned house in Barboursville
- Bridge Day 2019 is a national holiday for extreme sports enthusiasts
- 600 Florida turtles saved from poaching ring; 2 men arrested
- Ohio student launches nonprofit to bring books to inmates
- Officials split building in two to solve property dispute in Ohio
- Cemetery killer booby-trapped home to target police
- Ohio University suspends more organizations amid hazing probe
- ‘A symbol of acceptance’: Kellogg joins anti-bullying campaign with All Together cereal